Easter weekend, smoking or ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Well friends, what's on the "to smoke list" for this weekend. I'm hoping that the storms will back off some so I can have a chance do a brisket and a butt that are thawing out in the fridge. If it pours, it'll be a battle for the O--N with Gloria. One good thing about wet weather... you can always drink to the point that you don't need sunlight. It's all good.

I have a couple butts in the fridge defrosting for sometime in the next few days. Maybe some of Dutch's beans to go with them

I work Sunday night so Saturday a ham goes on the smoker. Maybe a little Hickory or Apple smoke. I am sure liking the sound of that Chipolte Slaw (thanks Cowgirl). I think I will smoke some potato. Hmmm ideas are forming :-) Sure would like to throw down a fatty!

I was not going to do anything. Then I got the flyer from Krogers, Cooks Ham .79 cents a pound? Yea I will being doing that.

Well said richoso, as an Irishman and a person who enjoys a bit of the drink I have to give you points, you made me smile cause it's so true.

I want to smoke a ham but my Mother always does the holiday dinners and though she likes some smoked foods she isn't a drooling fiend over it like so many good folks. Long as the weather is fine I will be smoking something over the weekend but unfortunately the Easter dinner won't include any smoked eats.
Maybe I should make some appetizers to go along with Easter dinner. Any ideas? Maybe some ABTs, I don't know...

I'll be smoking something, just not sure what yet. I've got one kid asking for brisket and one kid wants ham.
rolleyes.gif

I'm gonna do a 6.5# butt and 2 racks of BB's. I think Mrs. Red also wants me to smoke 2 chickens for Sunday.

Hopefully the weather will hold out. I have a Ham and a couple of fatty's (haven't decided what ingredients yet)along with Dutch's beans.

Had planned on doing a butt for pulled pork for our easter gathering on Saturday but the wife decided it would just be easier to do burgers and brats on the grill. Oh well there is always next weekend. I've only done ribs once before, our local Kroger has spares on sale for $1.79 a lb, is that a good deal?

Rich I smoked a bubba ham last sunday-had sammies during the week and sucky bagged the rest of the slices-your rain gonna be here sat in tucson-temps drop 20*so ham & white northerns-with the ham bone-taters on sale 5#s 67 cent-so tater soup with part that bone too-might just smoke the soup to boot.

My mother in law bought me rib's so sunday morning i'll be making 6 racks of BB rib's , a batch of Dutch's beans , and a eye of round roast to fill up the smoker .

Smokin a 13 pound turkey fer the family, takin a break from the business this weekend, well smokin anyway, always paperwork an such ta do! Sunday gonna be my nap day, eat then sleep!

Smoked a couple chickens for supper saturday night and a fatty for breakfast, had a good smoke goin so I grabbed a small ham for the wife and I Sunday. What a great day!

I'm in charge of meat for the family Easter get together at In Laws.
Smoked a picnic last night in apple and sassafras wood with cherry brown sugar glaze. Stuffed two big pieces of loin and they are in the smoker as I type. In the kitchen putting together a plate of ATBz and home made Moink Balls. Makes me happy. Qview to come......

pig.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky