Early Fat Tuesday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timtimmay

Action Team
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
Colorado
Well, actually fattie Wednesday....

I was inspired by Ozziebbq to do a chicken fattie. He had done wone with ground chicken. This reminded me of an oven dish I had done years ago.

Instead of ground chicken, I put chicken breasts in a bag and beat them until they were flat and flimsy. I then did a standard bacon weave and placed the breasts on the weave along with some filling. My wife and I couldn't decide what kind to make so we made a few. I just put them on the smoker.

1. Mexican-chicken fattie: stuffed with green chillies, salsa, and pepper jack cheese

2. Itialian-chicken fattie: stuffed with pepperoni, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese.

3. Swiss-chicken fattie: stuffed with ham and swiss cheese.

4. Traditional sausage fattie.

We'll see how they turn out.

They all sound good but I don't see good. Where's the Qview.

They all look great cant wait to see the finished product

Everything was quite delicious. I liked the mexican and itialian versions best. As promised, here's some pics:

Top: sausage/cheddar
Bottom: mexican-chicken

Top: swiss-chicken
Bottom: italian-chicken

Wow. Nice presentation! Love the platter and the angled placement.
Those look very good. I have too much chicken breast in the freezer. I will be making myself one of these fatties soon!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Those all look and sound great. I really like the sounds of the ham and swiss. Kind of like a chicken cordon bleu. Very nice.

points.gif
for the effort and the experimentation.

WOW!!! Those look great. The Doc put me on diet today. Chicken fattie may be a good compromise. At least that is what I'm gonna keep teling myself.

Well done.
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky