Dutch/English to be Smoker, looking for experience!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hatmcmannis

Original poster
Nov 4, 2015
Hi there guys,

Let me just quickly introduce myself. My name is Mitch Rogers, 21 years old from Driebergen (The Netherlands). After living and working abroad (The Carribean and France) for a couple of years I have ended up back in Holland.

I have always loved the hospitality business and have worked in several businesses from the age of 14, from café's to resorts. Not forget to mention that I studied Hospitality/Entrepreneurialism for 2 years at university and of course obtaining the degree! . I have just come back after 1.5 years of living in Nice (Cote D'azur) working as a project manager in renovations, even though I enjoyed the job thoroughly I moved back because I want more joy in my work.

As I'm a major fan of American Food I have recently been looking into the bbq smoking business, the way of smoking and the passion that goes into it is truly fantastic.

When on holiday a good year ago I visited the annual Food Truck Festival in Amsterdam to only find 1?!!! Bbq smoking catering crew called 'Smokey Goodness', after tasting the pulled pork, ribs, beef, sausages etc. you name it, I fell in love with the smoking concept completely.

For these reasons I have decided to start smoking as a hobby and gradually start hiring myself out to cater for special occasions. That's where I hear you thinking 'What on earth is he thinking, he's got no experience whatsoever...' EXACTLY! That's why I have joined this forum to learn from others and meet people who could help me make smoking big in the Netherlands.

I would love to hop onto a plane and fly over to the States to work for free with someone who could teach me all the do's and don'ts, so if you know anyone or if you are that person who owns/runs a smoking business,caters for others or even someone who just does it for fun and be willing to take 2/3 weeks of his/her time and teach a young lad all about the beauty of smoking I would be extremely grateful.

This is just a little introduction, feel free to ask me any other questions.

Hope to speak soon!
Mitch

Last edited:
Hi Mitch, Welcome to our "Family" and "Addiction"

Plenty of good folk on here, ask any questions you can think of, and you will get your answers.

Please take time to look at the UK Smokers Forum,

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/3161/uk-smokers

And introduce your self on the UK Roll Call

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/229926/roll-call

We have had our 2nd UK Smokes weekend, where members attend and cooked over the weekend, dates and plans are already in place for 2016. Please use the link below to view the website.

http://www.uk-smf.co.uk

Smokin Monkey [emoji]133660013031[/emoji]

Hi Mitch!!

And Welcome to SMF.

I don't have a Smoking Business, and I don't get around real good any more, but I can give you a little bit of help.

Just go to my "Step by Step Index" (Below), and check out how easy things can be.

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

BTW: I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, and I believe my Great Grandparents got married in Amsterdam just before they came to America (Late 1800s).

Bear

Last edited:
Hi Mitch!!
And Welcome to SMF.
I don't have a Smoking Business, and I don't get around real good any more, but I can give you a little bit of help.

Just go to my "Step by Step Index" (Below), and check out how easy things can be.

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

BTW: I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, and I believe my Great Grandparents got married in Amsterdam just before they came to America (Late 1800s).

Bear

Cheers Bear!

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy, rainy and cool day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky