Duraflame Hardwood Charcoal - Good Stuff!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

j0k3r-x

StickBurners
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
New Port Richey, FL
Has anybody tried Duraflame Hardwood Lump Charcoal? I bought 2 - 8.8lb bags and I think it is as good as RO if not a little better. I noticed it in the grocery store and thought I would give it a try since RO is getting harder and harder to find. Check out the website to see what stores carry it around the country. It burns long and hot - Give it a try! I am very picky about this stuff and I wouldn't mention it if I didn't think it was up to standards!
wink.gif

http://www.duraflame.com/aa_products/charcoal01.php

It's actually briquettes not lump right??? I almost bought some at Publix because they were out of lump, but decided not too because it does have 5% binder which I think was corn starch or something like that...So you say it burns nice and clean??? hmmm might have to give it a go.

Some of this stuff actually uses nitrates I have heard. It's basically 2/3 of black powder LOL! Dunno about this brand in particular tho. Still better than the "matchlite" stuff...OMG. Someone should be drawn and quartered for that stuff.

If you look at the link he posted , click the right arrow three times , you get to a 100% hardwood lump charcoal . I think that is the one the OP was talking about.
wink.gif

Yeah, I saw that. I bought the 100% hardwood lump made from Hickory,Oak and Maple wood. I don't use the briquettes but they do make those also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky