Dungeness Crab Egg Muffins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Quite sometime ago I posted my buffalo chicken egg muffins. Same
Recipe here except replace the chicken with crab. These are super simple if you can beat eggs you can make this dish.

You will need parchment paper or parchment baking cups. You will want to spray the paper cups with cooking spray.

Mix your eggs, chives, cheese, crab together. Spoon or pour into cups. Bake in preheated 425* oven for 25-30mins or until cooked through. Save a bit of crab, cheese and chives to garnish with. Serve hot. You can make these a day in advance if you like and reheat.

If your not into crab use cooked bacon, cooked breakfast sausage, cooked buffalo chicken.

7 large eggs is perfect for 1/2 dozen muffins. Season with salt and pepper. Add chives, crab, and cheese, beat together.

ENJOY!!!!

Looks tasty! A little Hollandaise laced with Old Bay might be good drizzled over the top too, or maybe I'm just addicted to Hollandaise :)

That looks awesome Case..... Yet another must try recipe ! Thumbs Up

Thank you! We make these with bacon and sausage all the time when we have company. You can add just about anything. Diced jalapeños, bell peppers, asparagus, spinach...

Looks tasty! A little Hollandaise laced with Old Bay might be good drizzled over the top too, or maybe I'm just addicted to Hollandaise :)

Sure would MD. Add some chopped asparagus into the mix oh yeah!

Do they come out intact when you remove the parchment? 

Something else on that list!  How do married guys have time for honey-do's also?

Kevin you have to spray the parchment with cooking spray to get a really nice release. Suppose you could swap them with bacon fat first. I have a similar recipe that you take partially cooked bacon and lay that in the muffin tin making a bacon bowl. Then you pour the egg mixture in the bacon cups. It's a bit greasy though so I don't do it very often.

For this batch I didn't spray and I had to be careful getting them out of the parchment. They turned out good though! I have two left over for tomorrow's work breakfast!

Case, those look amazing!

Did you add any liquid when you scrambled the eggs?

Good luck and good smoking.

Nope no liquid! Just the eggs and whatever you put in there. Most important thing is parchment paper or parchment cups and cooking spray.!

Looks awesome?

Only reason I asked is because of how beautifully they puffed up!

I use a smidgeon of water in an omelet or in scrambled eggs for the puffing up.  Others use milk or cream as you know.

Those things are beautiful!

Consider this recipe duly STOLEN!

Looks awesome?

Only reason I asked is because of how beautifully they puffed up!

I use a smidgeon of water in an omelet or in scrambled eggs for the puffing up.  Others use milk or cream as you know.

Those things are beautiful!

Consider this recipe duly STOLEN!

It's all in the whipping! That adds a bunch of air and makes them poof I guess.

Experiment with fillings, this is still my favorite:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/154277/buffalo-chicken-egg-muffins

I also
Like MD's idea of hollandaise sauce! I love Loco Moco, so that's another one I'm thinking about!

Last edited:
Not a big seafood family, but very thankfull that you linked this to your 'buffalo chicken egg muffins' thread! Awesome!!!

Gonna give this a try next weekend for sure! Cheers!

Really classy bit of cookery! Could see a mini version as canapes. Could also see a little Asian variant ,some garlic chives,ginger,bean sprouts, sort of vibe. sort of a formed Cantonese crab omelette.

Really classy bit of cookery! Could see a mini version as canapes. Could also see a little Asian variant ,some garlic chives,ginger,bean sprouts, sort of vibe. sort of a formed Cantonese crab omelette.

Thanks Mick! I like your ideas! Our Vietnamese restaurant makes an awesome dish Banh Xeo. Crispy Crepe, that has bean sprouts and other veggies in it, so good!

I love Banh Xeo , no surprises there. I like a lot of Viet food lots of it here.Suits our climate. 
I'm so bad when I walk into our local Pho shop they don't even ask what I want anymore! Guess I should mix it up a bit!

I love getting the Banh Mi Dac Biet sandwiches to go when I go kayaking! So good!

Case,

And here, I'm desperately looking for a way to use up some of our Dungee crab meat.  Think, I'll do this recipe this weekend for the Mrs.   Thanks

Case,

And here, I'm desperately looking for a way to use up some of our Dungee crab meat.  Think, I'll do this recipe this weekend for the Mrs.   Thanks
Craig its super easy. I'd add some asparagus tips, make a hollandaise sauce and call it a faux eggs benedict! I like the fact that you can use any cooked protein or veggies. Super tasty!

Just bumping this up for the holidays. Simple dish that can feed the masses at breakfast time! Happy holidays!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky