Dry Cured Pepperoni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Getting some smoke before the humidity.

e6731d97_DSC01404.jpg

Getting close to IT.

Got a string around 2. This will give me an idea of shrinkage (if any) in the fridge.

261c9b7e_DSC01411.jpg

Got my fridge going to 40*

b9357b57_DSC01412.jpg

Humidity ready.

9e4eba6d_DSC01413.jpg

Got the pepperoni straights in and hanging. Larger chubs got bout 30 mins yet to IT.

Have date time in and r/h recorded. Now for the 7-10 day wait.

60f5377b_DSC01417.jpg

There we go.

77e5a47e_DSC01418.jpg

Last edited:
Nepa... you are the man... If my grandson comes to play in Savannah again this year and we make it up to see him,, I'de sure love to come tour your "garage"...

Nice work.

How'd the big ones compare to the little ones?  Did you follow the recipe exactly?  Luckily I own that book and I've been meaning to make that recipe for a while.

Nice work.

How'd the big ones compare to the little ones?  Did you follow the recipe exactly?  Luckily I own that book and I've been meaning to make that recipe for a while.

I deviated the recipe, Larger chubs are like the straights but with the fibrous casings.

Ryteks book has many recipes that are in complete.

Looks good Rick.... did you fix the noise with the fridge

Joe

Looks good Rick.... did you fix the noise with the fridge

Joe

Not yet. Will shim after the pepp is done.

This morning at 9:15

Fridge IT at 41*

R/H at 71%

15494b8f_DSC01432.jpg

7 days with the noise..... I hope the m
wife.gif
nepas will be able to sleep...........\\

Joe

7 days with the noise..... I hope the m
wife.gif
nepas will be able to sleep...........\\

Joe
She best not complain or no pepperoni for her 
icon_eek.gif

Cant hear it to much in the house.

I have this fibrous material that is supposed to eliminate the noise. Took the bottom front grill off and 1 rubber foot is split.

I also may need to get a smaller humidifier as i think the crane is to much for the fridge. Going to take the 4 gang box out and replace with a single. Mount the 4 on the outside. I have a new controller going to be here for the lights for heat when the application is needed.

Last edited:
Getting closer to pepperoni eating.
0cf36920_DSC01439.jpg

Digital temp/fridge control. The fridge piggy backs off the control plug. Temp shows 46 cuz i had the door open. Its holding at 40* when i aint peeking.
d7c438ea_DSC01442.jpg

Top controls. The digital control over rides these.
a70bd1a8_DSC01441.jpg

Humidifier. I'm thinking on getting a smaller one.
551a8179_DSC01440.jpg

Cure fridge working.
fe20d855_DSC01443.jpg

Thanks Salt

I got a new controller for the heat lamps when the application is needed for fermenting.

3f402f55_DSC01468.jpg

The pepperoni is coming along good. When i open the door i can smell the slight sourness with the smoke. That means its working. I'm thinking 4 more hanging days

79baef75_DSC01469.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Rick, I use that same exact controller in my greenhouse.  I have it connected to an electric heater.. it works great.  I think you'll like it for your chamber.

-Salt

Oh cool.

Now for the question..... 
help.gif

The silver coiled probe, Can i take it from the bottom of the box and run it into the fridge? Or do i have to put the entire controller in?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky