Don't let your AMNTS roll around :-)

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by cmayna, Dec 4, 2015.

1. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yes we all know by now that Todd will be coming out with an adjustable (in length) tube smoker which is apparently oval shaped to I assume help prevent it from rolling around in your smoker. But what about us who have the 1st gen series which are very round? and use a flat spot in our smokers to rest the tube on? Here's some ideas for ya.

I made these tube holders only because I was probably bored one day out in the shop while baby sitting one of my smokers. Though they look pretty nifty, it's just another item you need to keep tracked of.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crankybuzzard mentioned in another thread that he uses a muffler clamp. Here's another way by using a couple radiator hose clamps oriented on one of the end clamps.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's locating them in the middle. Note these are very narrow hose clamps so the odds of them blocking or affecting the glow is not an issue
    [​IMG]

Here's what I really like. A pair of 1970 Ford lower radiator hose wire clamps. This setup might infact retire my original cradles in the first two pics for it eliminate an extra item to have and really minimizes the airflow blockage that other traditional hose clamps might create. Yes the ends of the wires could be trimmed down a little. In due time grass hoppa!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    dirtsailor2003 and driedstick like this.
  2. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great ideas!  I don't have anything on my shorter tubes, but I used 2" muffler clamps on my 2 18" tubes.  Your ideas would have been  much less expensive for me!  

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I just use good ol,

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just wait Case for I have another idea which If it works out, I'll be sending something to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Intriguing!

6. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like great Idea's I am with CB here is a version of mine 

With these if you have it on the bottom,,you still get air underneath of it. 

DS

7. I use one of these