Doing a brisket and pork shoulder tonight

Discussion in 'Beef' started by sprinkle, May 9, 2009.

1. sprinkle

sprinkle Newbie

I posted this in another thread thinking I was starting a new one.[​IMG]

The wife and I are having a wine tasting at her store tomorrow at 1pm, Red Zinfandels and BBQ pairing. Sort of under pressure because alot of customers will be there and the timing is my most concern. I have pork dialed in, brisket I am still learning. Marinading the brisket and rubbing the shoulders (2 different ways)I am pretty sure that I will be smoking the meats for a few hours tonight at around 225, then dial down, wrap in foil until I get up around 6 and I will get up at 3 to stoke. I will be doing a combo of woods Apple first, have 2 cherry logs and always have my Bourbon oak planks. Thoughts or opinions? Cheers! Mike

2. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good luck with this! Hope it all turns out well. Be sure to give us an update with some picts when you get a chance. We'd love to see a couple of picts from the event too.

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sounds like you got it down to a science. Just dont let things stress you and youll do fine. I know it sounds good been there and its the stress that pulls you out of the hole. It will be great but do want to see the pics [​IMG]