Divisional Round Playoff Weekend Babybacks & ABT's !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, with the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs.... I figured why not enjoy a little pigskin play with some Babybacks & ABT's....

First off, the Babybacks with just a dusting of Mad Hunky Rub !

Next is the ABT's, the normal ones for myself !

Then tried some green bell peppers to replace the jalapeños for the fam as the jalapeños are a little too spicy for them, so a little experiment.... We'll see how they turn out !

Hoping for some good games !

Go Cowboys ! :biggrin:

Thanks for lookin all !

Last edited:
Reactions: disco and pc farmer
Looking great!! I did some baby backs as well today, along with pork chops (had some haters on ribs) and twice smoked taters.  Wish I could upload pics, but limited internet at home.  Will have to upload all of my cookings when I return to school next week.  

The Pats/Ravens game was great! However it would've been better if my man Flacco could've pulled it off.. 
th_crybaby2.gif

Plated shot with the ribs, tater salad, green salad with blue cheese dressing, & green bell pepper slices !

BTW, the green bell peppers as ABT's were a hit.... The fam liked them a bunch !

Last edited:
Lookin good Justin!  I'd say you enjoyed some great food and great football!  Hope today's games are as good as yesterdays...

Nicely done, Brother!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Red

First game today has been a great one, I hope the NFC game is just as good. You're going to have some tasty grub no matter what happens in the game!

Thanks, appreciate the kind words.... Here's to some good games today as well....

:beercheer:

Looking great!! I did some baby backs as well today, along with pork chops (had some haters on ribs) and twice smoked taters.  Wish I could upload pics, but limited internet at home.  Will have to upload all of my cookings when I return to school next week.  

The Pats/Ravens game was great! However it would've been better if my man Flacco could've pulled it off.. :th_crybaby2:

Thanks Gavin, that was a good game for sure ! Too bad in games like that, someone has to lose.... I'll bet your meal was awesome ! Thumbs Up

Good looking food.   BUT THE WRONG TEAM !!  Go Pack:first:

Thanks, it was a tasty meal with a few leftovers for today's games ! Now as far as the Packers.... I like the Packers, great team ! BUT I've been a Cowboys fan since I was 4 yrs old....

Lookin good Justin!  I'd say you enjoyed some great food and great football!  Hope today's games are as good as yesterdays...

Nicely done, Brother!

:PDT_Armataz_01_37:

Red

Thanks a bunch Red, it was a tasty meal for sure ! I appreciate ya dropping a line, here's to some good games today !

:beercheer:

Oh my! Just saw pics of your ABTs on the home page and had to post!

:drool:

First off, what is an ABT? I'm sure the "B" stands for bacon...

What temp did you cook at?

Oh my! Just saw pics of your ABTs on the home page and had to post!

:drool:

First off, what is an ABT? I'm sure the "B" stands for bacon...

What temp did you cook at?

Thanks, ABT's are simple but very tasty... Just slice a jalapeño in half, remove the seeds & membrane. Fill the emptied out half of the jalapeño with cream cheese & wrap with a slice of bacon....

I used some sliced pieces of green bell pepper for 1/2 of them, cause my fam doesn't like spicy.... They did like these, so we will do the bell peppers again for sure !

I smoked these at 250* for a couple hours !

Great cook Justin.

I may have to try the green bell pepper abt's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky