Dinos, bbs and eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Have a rack of dinos, a tiny rack of bb and eggs in the Bandera today. Trying the Santa Maria Tri Tip rub from Raichlen's BBQ USA book on the dinos after talking with Mikey about it. I cut the dinos into 3 sections and used the rub as it was for two of the sections. The third section got the same rub with a bit of cayenne added for me.
biggrin.gif
Used the little bit of Jeff's rub I had left on the bbs. Smoking with oak today at 250.

I take them straight from the fridge, uncooked, and smoke them at 250 for about 2.5 hrs. Make sure to keep them off hot spots or the shells will explode after they're cooked. The stronger the wood, the stronger the smoke flavor will be. I have to fight my younger son for them.

Looks good Dawn but I don't think you put enough eggs on that looks like a snack for your son and none for you
biggrin.gif

LOL, yeah well, it's all I had in the house. I can hide a couple from him when he's not looking.

Everything is done. The rub on the beef ribs is really good, will definitely do it again. Added 1/8 t cayenne pepper to the rub for my part of the rack of dinos, seemed to be the right amount for me. Kids didn't want ribs for dinner tonight so they're fending for themselves. Oh well, more for me. Hubby's still at work.

Decided to treat the dinos like bb and foiled two of the three racks. Left the third rack unfoiled.

There was definitely a difference in pullback of the meat, but no difference in taste or tenderness that I could tell.

Ribs look good Dawn but I don't see any eggs did ya at least get to hide one or two
biggrin.gif

They went straight to the fridge, that way I might get one or two. Kids don't bother moving too much around in it so I figured I might stand a chance that way. lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky