Dijon Smoked Pork Chops w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tndawg

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Thomsons Station, TN
I smoked some pork chops tonight, and they sure did turn out good!!!! 

I love the longer smokes of ribs, butts,etc..but sometimes I just don't have the time to do that stuff. We are always looking for "short smokes" to fit our schedule. These chops were just the ticket!

I marinated overnight, fired up the smoker tonight, and smoked these at 250 for a little over an hour using pecan. Very tasty!!!! We could definitely taste the smoke, as well as the dijon mustard.

After marinade but before smoke

c3d38ee9_CIMG1149.jpg

out of the smoker

ecd688d5_CIMG1154.jpg

time to eat!

06f7dfe9_CIMG1156.jpg

The only thing that I would do different would be to pull the chops off a little sooner. I pulled off the smoker at 157. I think I should have pulled off at 145-150.

Last edited:
Reactions: walle
That's some fine lookin chops .

The corn i could eat everyday

Those look awesome!!!!   What did you marinade them in?

Nice job, TND!

Smoked Chops... one of my FAVORITES!

I'll second Piney - you got me hang'en on all that speak about dijon... don't hold back on us brother!

I've been messing around with adding regular yellow mustard to italian dressing... whoo wee it is GOOD!  I've tried it on thighs as well as my last batch of chops and am really impressed with the carry through.

good job, man.

cool.gif

Now I know that your plate had to have more then that on it. You make some really good chops and only eat 5-6 slices. But they looks killer thou. I like to take my pork to maybe 145°ish too.

Thanks all!!!

Yup...there was more meat than that! I thought it would "picture" better if some of the chop was sliced more like brisket style. The rest I ate like normal (chunks instead of slices).

Here's was what I used for my marinade:

6 Tbs Dijon mustard

6 Tbs brown sugar

3 tsp apple juice

3 tsp worcestershire sauce

a few good shakes of rib rub

a few good shakes of crushed red pepper

Reactions: walle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky