Did some smoked crab tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rickplaysbass

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
And it was AWESOME!!

My measurements are just approximations

1 cup butter
2 tbsp slap ya mama Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp of my pork rub (your favorite will work just fine
2 tbsp liquid crab boil seasoning
1 lemon's juice

I melted the butter and added the seasonings. Dipped each cluster and threw them on the pit at 250° burning apple pellets. Basted the clusters every 7-8 mins (four times in a half hour mins) with the butter and pulled them off after a half hour.

The misses said it was the best crab I'd ever made (and she LOVES my boils). The only issue I had is that I'd like to get the same heat I get from letting my boil soak. If I can figure that out... It's game time!

Snow, King and Dungeness benefit from cracking or cutting the shells open. Lets more smoke and flavored butter in. Heat as in Capsaicin, is fat and hot water soluble. Let the Hot Stuff steep in the butter, over very low heat, a few minutes and it will get spicier. There is always ground Ghost Pepper you can add to the mix.

Stop by Roll Call and introduce yourself. What experience you have, type of equipment, anything. Does Rick play a Rick? Add your location on your profile. Helps us help you...JJ

Reactions: rickplaysbass
I'm going to try simmering the butter with the boil seasoning to start and keeping it simmering throughout the cook next time. As for smoke and flavor, they were exactly where I wanted them to be.

I'll go swing on in.

Man, with an 11 month old and a 1 week old baby I was just happy to get enough time to cook something. Lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky