Did some Baby bakcs for my Daughters Birthday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle_lar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hennepin, Illinois
My oldest turned 31 yesterday so I told her to come on out and I would make some Ribs for the family
I started with 4 slabs of baby backs. gave them gentle rub of some spices and put them to rest over night
started the GOSM at 8 this morning with a nice pile of hickory.
in went the ribs at 210*
kept it there for almost 6 hrs. no foiling involved, just low and slow.
Gave a mop of apple juice and rum every hour and a half or so.
Added some homemade sauce to a few slabs at about the 5 hour mark.
Added some ABTS to the smoke and cooked them for about 2.5 hours
filled with homemade breakfast sausage, chedder, cream cheese, garlic and chives.
these ribs where some of the best I have ever done! pulled off the bone with a gentle tug and left the bones clean. as long as I have the time, I dont think I will be foiling my baby backs again.
heres some Qview enjoy!

Rubbed and ready for bed

Up in the morning and ready for the GOSM

Loaded in

some company for the ribs

out after almost 6 hrs, the ones an the right have the sauce.
all where tender and juicy

abts

plated with some ABTs, potato caserole and corn

thanks for looking

looks real good
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Holy cow or in this case pig. Thats some good looking ribs there larry. Your daughter and the family should be awful happy when presented those ribs for birthday dinner. great job.

Looks like an awesome Birthday meal for your Daughter, she should be proud her old man can BBQ like this.
Hope all had a good time and everything looked delicious.

What a way ro spend the day, looks like a good time was had by all. Congrats my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky