danger zone for a cured turkey??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff 1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I have one cured with cure #1,  how much of a window should I have?

Can you provide a bit more information?  Even properly cured poultry should still be handled safely.  Curing the turkey allows you to keep it in the smoke beyond the 4 hour rule but does not open the door to prolonged cold smoking in my opinion.  I don't have exact numbers,  maybe Chef Jimmy or DanMcG will have better advice. 

Can you provide a bit more information?  Even properly cured poultry should still be handled safely.  Curing the turkey allows you to keep it in the smoke beyond the 4 hour rule but does not open the door to prolonged cold smoking in my opinion.  I don't have exact numbers,  maybe Chef Jimmy or DanMcG will have better advice. 
injected and soaking in wet cure of salt sugar and 1T of cure #1 per gallon for 4 days.  will go directly from fridge to smoker,  plan on being up to 140 internal temp in around 6 hours

NOOOOO PROBLEM  Jeff1   I believe you have a bit more flexibility then that but sounds like a great plan.

Good luck and post some Qview of the finished product!

Al

Once it's cured it is just like any cured meat. It does not need to conform to the 4 hour rule.

You will be fine. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky