Crappie and Shrimp fry with WOK debut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice. I built one from a 24" also. I sit it on the fryer stand. I like the removable leg idea, sweet. How about some info on the drain rack? Very nice idea. how is it secured when cooking?
Thanks and keep doing cool stuff.

Tracey, you shouldn't have told me where you got them. Your secret isn't safe anymore!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks, RW. Drain rack info - the rack is removable, it just sits on the lip as does the burner rack. I'm pretty sure it's just 1/2" angle that I heated and bent to fit the lip. I've never had any issues knocking it off. If I were to build another, I would use smaller separated iron - like 1/2" flat. My is 1" not-flat (?) - some times those small shrimp critters and craw dads fall through!

Here's some pictures I snapped of it.
Drain rack upside down

Mounted

Above picture, I'm cocking it up to show how it sits down on the lip. There is not a gap when it is sitting down.

Burner rack - same thing, just sits on and wedges. Grinding this one out, the way I did it was a pain in the ass to get everything just perfect, but it's helll for stout. I was initially concerned that with the heat cranked up, it would get hot enough to bend the mounth under the weight of a turkey cooker full of water - you know how heavy that is - but have had no issues. The expanded metal get's cherry red, but not the bracket.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Tracey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky