Cowboy Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 25, 2006
Home
This is not my recipe but was given to me from a gentleman I met at the lake this weekend while having a gathering.

A very moist and tastey cake. No eggs or milk and mixed in the pan you cook it in so there is less mess. Enjoy

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tblsp vinegar
2 cups water or cold coffee (prefer coffee)
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp soda
2/3 cup oil
1 TBsp vanilla

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Put flour, 1 1/2 C sugar, cocoa, soda, salt in ungreased 13"x9"x2" pan. Stir with fork, make three wells. Pour oil in one well, vinegar in one, and vanilla in the last. Pour water over all, stir with fork untill well mixed. Do not beat.

Combine 1/4 C sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over the top.

Bake at 350º F for 35-40 minutes

Optional you can cook this in the dutch oven if you like to cook with them.

Enjoy the cake and let us know if you like it

Looks good thanks for sharing!!

Yet another nice looking and sounding recipe for all you people here. It will take me foever to make all these but I will try to and keep all of you informed on the progess.

For those that need visual motivation here ya go:

The Cake

The sliced view

Better get ya some before it dries out
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky