couple questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redline57

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
Fort Smith Arkansas
Ive been doing a lot of smoking on a Weber 22 lately. Ive noticed that my cook times are less than the suggested time. Im using Kingsford and adding wood chips. I have a thermometer inside (not in the lid) and keep the temps at the suggested temps. The stuff comes out great. So my questions are do you think my thermometer is off? Whats the best thermometer I can get? Should I even worry about it?

Test the thermo you have. Get a pot of water boiling on the stove and with a gloved hand hold the probe in the water and see what the thermo reads then you'll know how far off it is and adjust accordingly

I usually calibrate my therms. each time I use them. I record the readings in my "BBQ Log" and refer  to it if I forget the reading.

I suggest  the use of a log to record all your good and bad smokes , makes a great learning tool .

I have several I have filled so far , and each time I enter my notes , I review the last few cooks to see if I could have done something different to improve my skill .
biggrin.gif
  It's fun to keep records and is a big deal when  you have a friend that wants to learn too
icon_exclaim.gif

Have fun and . . .

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky