Couple of fatties with Q

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by bpopovitz, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Just wanted to put my take on a couple of fatties I've seen done already.  The first is a rehash on my first attempt at the chicken Cordon Bleu. 

This time I had to grind my own chicken as the local Kroger was out of ground chicken.  It was about 45 % thigh, 30 % breast and 25 % ground turkey.  Added to the ground meat was some granulated garlic, some BBQ sauce, EVOO, and about 1/2 cup pancko bread crumbs and 2 slices wheat bread that I ran through the grinder also.  The reset of the ingredients, sliced swiss, sliced ham as well as diced ham that was lighly fried in butter and spicy brown mustard.

[​IMG]

All the kids in the pool fatties, beans and a chuckie.  The chuckie was rubbed with oregano, basil and granulated garlic.

[​IMG]

Finished and sliced fatty.  I think it needs more color in the "stuffing"

[​IMG]

Finishing the chuckie in the crock pot with beer and carmelized onions.

[​IMG]

Chicken Parm fatty:

Chicken breast sliced up and "breaded" with parm cheese, oregano, basil, S&P, and some pancko.  I used no eggs to was before I breaded, I just coated in the breading and fried in a hot skillet with EVOO.

[​IMG]

Ingredients for the sauce. Crushed italian tomatoes (no fresh ones yet from the garden), minced garlic, heavy cream, prosciutto (will be minced) and that strange looking liquid is pepper vodka.

[​IMG]

Ready to roll.  60/ 40 split of italian sausage and ground pork, chicken sauce and mozz cheese.

[​IMG]

Ready to eat.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed.  I know we did :).  I just wanted to thank everyone for their inspiration.  This is a great community to be part of. 

BTW, I finally got a decent picture of some TBS.  Hard to catch some days...

[​IMG]

2. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Wow, you really got creative with those -- I'll bet they were good!  [​IMG]

3. fourashleys

fourashleys Smoking Fanatic

Looks Awesome. You're making me drool

4. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking great!  Keep up the good work!  [​IMG]   I just put two in myself about 45 min ago.  It's my buddy's b-day, and after he tasted my first breakfast fattie, he requested one for his birthday every year for the rest of his (or my) born days. [​IMG]   Got a lot of other stuff on as well.  My thinking is, if the smoker's fired up, then don't let any grill space go wanting!  Q-view pending!

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My compliments, nice combo of flavors and textures[​IMG]. It's all good my friend.

6. Thanks for the complients my friends.  These are always a hit with the kids and I have the SMF to thank for that...

7. silverwolf636

silverwolf636 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I like the looks of those.  You can't go wrong with a fatty!!!!

[​IMG]

--ray--

(0|||||0)

8. Looks awesome!!!

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a chubby? I've never heard that before...

9. Johnny, Do you mean chuckie?  If so it's just a chuck roast that I threw in the smoker after i rubbed it with basil oregano and garlic.  I was going to finish in the crock pot to save on propane with some onions beer and pepperoncini but I forgot to buy the pepperoncini.  No one complained though.  It made some great saandwiches after I shredded it and put it on a hoagie bun with some provolone.... 

10. I really should start reading these forums with my glasses on... Chubby??? [​IMG] That's just a little embarrassing...

Yes, i did mean chuckie...  Thank you for the clarification, bpopovitz!!! If I had realized that's what it said, i probably could have figured it out on my own... I think I work too hard!!!

It definitely sounds delicious!!! Do you generally serve it with a particular finishing sauce or is it a BBQ sauce on the side kinda thing?

11. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

lol, I haven't done a "chubby" yet, but when I do I'll prolly use the juices as a finishing sauce (after I skim off the fat).  I never sauce anything, but I have sauce on the side if anyone wants it -- they usually don't.  Good luck to you, JBS! [​IMG]

12. Dont worry about embarrassment here.  I'm mostly Polish and stare at a computer screen so long during the day I often think, what did I just read [​IMG].

I'm with Myth on this, I just use the juices leftover in the crock, especially since I used beer.  I had to go with what was on hand but I'm thinking a nice stout next time would be better than the Coors Light I had.  Also I used a 1-1-1 ratio of basil, garlic and oregano.  I'll probably back off the oregano and add more garlic next time.  The apple/hickory I used to smoke seemed to intensify the oregano a bit too much for my taste.  If you skim off the fat and want a "gravy" you can mix the fat and flour together to make a roux to thinken the sauce up a bit....  HMMM a smoked beef and noodles in the works maybe... We may be on to something.