Competitions in Louisiana?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peavley

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Louisiana
Hello Yall,
Are there ever any competitons in or near southern Louisiana (Baton Rouge area), that yall know of? I'd like ot get into these things, but have never even been to one. I know it would probably be best if I went as a spectator first and just took notes, but I so not know how to find out about them. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

You may want to start in Ville Platte this Saturday. I do not know if there is a one place stop website but check your local events calendars. NO, Slidell, Hammond I know have BBQ competitions.

Cooked with the Smokin Scottsmen in Hammond this year. Great event, except its in downtown Hammond, next to night clubs, and the train tracks run about every 35 minutes (the tracks are about 30 yards behind the cooking area)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky