Cold Weather Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nicholson

Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Seymour, Missouri
I have a large gravity feed smoker which lives in my garage during the off-season (if there is such a thing). I am considering adapting a stove pipe stack extension to it and venting it through a window to the outside, thus being able to smoke during inclimate weather without freezing my tuchas off. Does anyone have any information on this; personal experience, warnings, success stories - whatever?  

Last edited:
I can only imagine how much your insurance company would like to catch you doing that!!  Do you get any clear, non-windy days in Missouri?  That's when I enjoy smoking the most,  maybe look at insulating your smoker so you don't lose all your heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky