cold smoking rabbit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gourmetfungi

Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
After succesfully cold smoking organic goose breasts last week i am now under going one o the harder meats to smoke.....yeah rabbit.
I have made a dry cure mix of maldon sea salt, crushed bunches of thyme, twenty five snipped fresh bay leaves and a couple dozen crushed juniper berries and a handful of peppercorns. Left these to cure for just two hours. Now smoking over an African hard wood dust for 4 hours. Will let you alls know how it goes/

Wow, rabbit is good. Where does one get African hardwood from?

Let us know the results, would like to give rabbit a shot when I get the new smoker built.
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

Have to be carefull with the tropical hardwoods, some contain toxic substances and volitile oils as I have learned when woodturning certain types.
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky