cold smoke with smoke vault

Discussion in 'Info and Practices' started by oldmangary, Feb 17, 2011.

1. oldmangary

oldmangary Newbie

What is the easiest way to cold smoke using a smoke vault smoker ? I have a smoke vault smoker and what to smoke susage and cheese. What is the cheapest way to convert my smoker to cold smoke? Or can you use this smoker to do that all by itself ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

The Amazen Smoker would be your best bet for doing cheese. For sausage you might try a needle valve here's a search on it

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search.php?search=needle+valve

With cheese you want a true cold smoke for sausage you'll want heat but more than likely your smoker won't run low enough as it came from the factory but the needle valve should get you into the proper temp range

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I agree with the A Maze N Smoker - I have 3 of them and they just work like their name - customer service is the best and Todd is a member here too

5. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    what he said..............

6. It will be hard to find someone who would not recommend the AMNS - those things are built great and they WORK!!!!

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yep, AMNS rocks!

8. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Add me to the AMNS list. Makes it easy to cold smoke.