Chuckie (Step by Step) with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear,

Great post and decided I wanted to try. When I told my wife, she said, make 2 so we have leftovers! Did the prep of two 3.6# chuckies tonight and will smoke tomorrow.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
Bear,

Actually, I screwed up and posted to the wrong Step by Step after I started the prep, et al. I saw the new one a few days ago and that's what got me started. Only change I made is that on smokes like this, I often top the meat with an envelop of dried onion soup. Almost everything else was exactly like you suggested except that I haven't found the Thick Lee & Perrins yet.

Thanks Again Brother,

Scott

Hampton, VA

Bear,

Actually, I screwed up and posted to the wrong Step by Step after I started the prep, et al. I saw the new one a few days ago and that's what got me started. Only change I made is that on smokes like this, I often top the meat with an envelop of dried onion soup. Almost everything else was exactly like you suggested except that I haven't found the Thick Lee & Perrins yet.

Thanks Again Brother,

Scott

Hampton, VA
That's Great Scott !!

The Worcestershire "Thick" is Mrs Bear's fault. She saw it was getting scarce a couple years ago, so she stocked up for us. I still have half a bottle left. However, since that It is no longer "Worcestershire "Thick".

They have since changed the name to "Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce".    Same thing, but new name. So that's what you gotta get (and me too, after this bottle's gone).

Bear

Hi Bear,

First off Thank You for this great step by step. This was my third smoke I ever done! Turned out great. For the last couple months I often thought about doing a Chuckie for Hot Roast Beef Sammies. And when going over this thread yesterday I noticed you made mention of doing the same thing. I just have one question Sir, by any chance to you have a gravy recipe that you use for it?

I plan on doing it Friday, and surprise Mrs.Hammer! Once again thanks for a great Step by Step.

Dave.

Hi Bear,

First off Thank You for this great step by step. This was my third smoke I ever done! Turned out great. For the last couple months I often thought about doing a Chuckie for Hot Roast Beef Sammies. And when going over this thread yesterday I noticed you made mention of doing the same thing. I just have one question Sir, by any chance to you have a gravy recipe that you use for it?

I plan on doing it Friday, and surprise Mrs.Hammer! Once again thanks for a great Step by Step.

Dave.
Thank You Dave!!
I know what you mean!!  Here's a Thread on it:

Hot Smoked Beef Sammy with Gravy      

As for the Gravy, Mrs Bear takes the juices left in the foil pan, and stirs in water & corn starch to thicken it.

Hope that helps,

Bear

Bear,

I did a 3lb. chucky a couple of weeks ago using your directions and it turned out excellent !! Definitely a keeper. Thanks for taking the time to post the step by step directions.

IMG_0336.JPG IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0357.JPG IMG_0359.JPG

Bear,

I did a 3lb. chucky a couple of weeks ago using your directions and it turned out excellent !! Definitely a keeper. Thanks for taking the time to post the step by step directions.

Nice Job Gator!!:)
Glad you liked it !

Bear

I made a post Last month when I actually did my Chucky, but we have our daughter and granddaughter visiting this week, and when the "girls" came back from the pool yesterday they were HANGRY. Poppop was ready. I had pulled my last pack of pulled beef out of freezer that morning. I heated it up with some of my homemade Sweet Miss Diane's Sauce, place on butter bread with nice thick slick slice of Colby Jack, and toasted them up in my carbon steel pan.

Sorry no pics, would have risked my life trying to get them to wait for pics, I did mention they were HANGRY, right?

Anyway just want to say, WHY the heck had I not been making pulled beef before I found Bears post! And I must say even for a legendary sauce hater like me, our super sweet bourbon/honey sauce was absolutely unbelievable when mixed with the strong smokey beefy flavor of the pulled chucky!

Thanks again Bear, you may have save my life yesterday afternoon ;-)

I made a post Last month when I actually did my Chucky, but we have our daughter and granddaughter visiting this week, and when the "girls" came back from the pool yesterday they were HANGRY. Poppop was ready. I had pulled my last pack of pulled beef out of freezer that morning. I heated it up with some of my homemade Sweet Miss Diane's Sauce, place on butter bread with nice thick slick slice of Colby Jack, and toasted them up in my carbon steel pan.

Sorry no pics, would have risked my life trying to get them to wait for pics, I did mention they were HANGRY, right?

Anyway just want to say, WHY the heck had I not been making pulled beef before I found Bears post! And I must say even for a legendary sauce hater like me, our super sweet bourbon/honey sauce was absolutely unbelievable when mixed with the strong smokey beefy flavor of the pulled chucky!

Thanks again Bear, you may have save my life yesterday afternoon ;-)

That's Great Pete!!!
I'm really glad to hear that!!
And You're Very Welcome!
I love Pulled Beef!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky