Chimney, no chimney, slat openings...?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mike, I'd start with a few slits... 2-3 and check the air flow out the slit near the top...  You should see some "wafting" of the smoke coming out... That's a good indicator of nice air flow...   I'm totally guessing here, but about a smokers worth of air change about every 5-10 minutes...   How's that for being technical....  Just enough to remove moisture without removing too much heat.... 

About the sketchup....  I looked at it... downloaded "something" and decided my pencil and paper and my scanner were technical enough for me at this time....  If I spend any more time at this computer, the History/Discovery Channel will be after me...  HAHAHAHA...   And my neighbor will wonder why I haven't welded up his broken stuff...

You can put something on the slits to close  them up... no problem.....  

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky