chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff1143

Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Coleraine Mn
whats your preferred way to smoke chicken. whole or split? got one in brine and gonna throw it on the WSM with a rack of spareribs.

Personally I like doing whole birds but thats me

I prefer smokin em whole, but sometimes at a competition I will do 2 whole and 2 spatchcock and the pick which one I like best to turn in.

Good Luck and Happy Smokes

I like mine whole too - just seems to hold in the moisture better for my taste anyway

I too am a whole bird kind of guy in fact there's one in the smoker as we speak.

whole, brined, well seasoned... I also do a "breast enhancement" by removing the little chunks of fat generally found right around the cavity opening and stuffing it up under the skin on top of the breast meat...add a little butter and seasoning if you like. It bastes the meat while it cooks!!!

chix @ 153degrees. ribs are done. sorry cant post pics. says image too large. cams on vga. thats the smallest pic my camera will take?. looking really good. nice color 0n chicken!! ribs look wonderful!! cant wait to dig in!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky