chicken

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by jeff1143, Dec 11, 2009.

1. whats your preferred way to smoke chicken. whole or split? got one in brine and gonna throw it on the WSM with a rack of spareribs.

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Personally I like doing whole birds but thats me

3. txbbqman

txbbqman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I prefer smokin em whole, but sometimes at a competition I will do 2 whole and 2 spatchcock and the pick which one I like best to turn in.

Good Luck and Happy Smokes

4. Im thinkin whole too. will post some pics later. thanks..

5. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I like mine whole too - just seems to hold in the moisture better for my taste anyway

6. meatball

meatball Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I'm a whole bird guy too - preferably brined and with a beer can up the keester!

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I too am a whole bird kind of guy in fact there's one in the smoker as we speak.

8. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Whole, No-brine, well rubbed.

9. badfrog

badfrog Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

whole, brined, well seasoned... I also do a "breast enhancement" by removing the little chunks of fat generally found right around the cavity opening and stuffing it up under the skin on top of the breast meat...add a little butter and seasoning if you like. It bastes the meat while it cooks!!!

10. chix @ 153degrees. ribs are done. sorry cant post pics. says image too large. cams on vga. thats the smallest pic my camera will take?. looking really good. nice color 0n chicken!! ribs look wonderful!! cant wait to dig in!!

11. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Brined whole birds are my choice, but sales on parts override that.

12. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Depends on how much time I have and what I plan on doing with it.

13. scpatterson

scpatterson Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Whole and injected with butter and Tony Chatheree (<----spelling) lots of black pepper