Chicken Wings on my MES 40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alwaysntraining

Fire Starter
Original poster
I am sure some senior members get tired of newbies posting their first works but here it is. Got my new MES 40 Mon. night, put it together and seasoned it before I went to bed. Tonight I made my first smoke on it. I smoked chicken wings and my wife thinks I am a hero thanks to all the great info form other experienced MES owners. No water and vent wide open! I used 50/50 cherry and Jack Daniels chips. I marinated my wings over night. 275 for 2 1/2 hours.

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup oil

1/2 cup balsamic 

1/2 cup soy sauce

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (needed much more but have to keep wife happy)

Very simple and fairly mild and sweet. I was going to toss them on the grill for a sec. but didn`t need to. Again thanks to all who shared info in all the past posts on here! More knowledge than I can soak up at one time. 

I'm no senior member but I love reading about first time smokes. Congrats on your purchase and your first smoke on it!

First smokes I encourage posting, and I am no senior member. I like to see success shared. Other new people can see what you have done, and see what they need to try. 

Last edited:
Har! I am a senior member in age only but let me assure you most of the members I know on SMF are food post junkies! Post your first, second, third .... 1001, 1002, 1003 smokes particularly with good qview like this one. We all love to watch, learn and be inspired!

For example, your pictures have given me a strong craving for chicken wings and this is a way better than my first smoke.

Points for posting, smoking and inspiring an old fat Canadian.

Disco

Har! I am a senior member in age only but let me assure you most of the members I know on SMF are food post junkies! Post your first, second, third .... 1001, 1002, 1003 smokes particularly with good qview like this one. We all love to watch, learn and be inspired!

For example, your pictures have given me a strong craving for chicken wings and this is a way better than my first smoke.

Points for posting, smoking and inspiring an old fat Canadian.

Disco
Lol, glad I could help and thanks for the thumbs up. I did some cornish  hens yesterday. NO leftovers. Those are my daughters favorite. Remove skin, pat dry, rub with oil and cover all over with chicken seasoning from Rural King. Sounds to simple but so good. I used 50/50 cherry and Jack Daniels chips. Just go a little lighter on those little wings and legs with the seasoning.

Lol, glad I could help and thanks for the thumbs up. I did some cornish  hens yesterday. NO leftovers. Those are my daughters favorite. Remove skin, pat dry, rub with oil and cover all over with chicken seasoning from Rural King. Sounds to simple but so good. I used 50/50 cherry and Jack Daniels chips. Just go a little lighter on those little wings and legs with the seasoning.
Sounds great! Where's the post?

Don't hit me.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky