Chicken Wings on my MES 40

Discussion in 'Grilling Chicken' started by alwaysntraining, Mar 17, 2016.

1. I am sure some senior members get tired of newbies posting their first works but here it is. Got my new MES 40 Mon. night, put it together and seasoned it before I went to bed. Tonight I made my first smoke on it. I smoked chicken wings and my wife thinks I am a hero thanks to all the great info form other experienced MES owners. No water and vent wide open! I used 50/50 cherry and Jack Daniels chips. I marinated my wings over night. 275 for 2 1/2 hours.

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup oil

1/2 cup balsamic 

1/2 cup soy sauce

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (needed much more but have to keep wife happy)

Very simple and fairly mild and sweet. I was going to toss them on the grill for a sec. but didn`t need to. Again thanks to all who shared info in all the past posts on here! More knowledge than I can soak up at one time. 

mike5051, disco and smokinal like this.
  2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good.

Nice first cook.

3. Thanks I am very happy so far.

4. jayace

jayace Smoke Blower

I'm no senior member but I love reading about first time smokes. Congrats on your purchase and your first smoke on it!

5. Thanks. This thing is going to be so much fun.

6. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Awesome first smoke!  Points!

Mike

7. bauchjw

bauchjw Master of the Pit

Congrats! Great first smoke! The MES is a lot of fun!

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Well done!

The wings look perfect!

Points for a successful first smoke!!

Al

9. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wings look great! We never get tired of seeing great lipping Q-View!

10. Thanks everyone. Had to do a search on what the points were, lol. All clear now. 

11. First smokes I encourage posting, and I am no senior member. I like to see success shared. Other new people can see what you have done, and see what they need to try. 

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  12. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

AlwaysNTraining,

Nice group of wings you did.  Congrats!

13. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tasty looking wings!:drool

14. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Har! I am a senior member in age only but let me assure you most of the members I know on SMF are food post junkies! Post your first, second, third .... 1001, 1002, 1003 smokes particularly with good qview like this one. We all love to watch, learn and be inspired!

For example, your pictures have given me a strong craving for chicken wings and this is a way better than my first smoke.

Points for posting, smoking and inspiring an old fat Canadian.

Disco

15. Lol, glad I could help and thanks for the thumbs up. I did some cornish  hens yesterday. NO leftovers. Those are my daughters favorite. Remove skin, pat dry, rub with oil and cover all over with chicken seasoning from Rural King. Sounds to simple but so good. I used 50/50 cherry and Jack Daniels chips. Just go a little lighter on those little wings and legs with the seasoning.

16. disco

Sounds great! Where's the post?

Don't hit me.

Disco

17. Well it was so simple I hated to make a post but if you look close there they are.

18. disco

19. Thanks, I just made this pic my avitar.

20. bauchjw

bauchjw Master of the Pit

Great setup! I'm jealous!