Chicken of the Sea?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
I must give part of the credit for this dish to Gypsyseagod, he threw it up as a thought, and I grabbed it an ran with it.
I took a whole chicken and cut it into (8) parts and brined it in a pre-mixed shrimp & crab boil and sea salt. I then let them sit in the fridge overnight. Once I took them out of the fridge, I seasoned with just salt and pepper. I wanted to do a control taste test, so I kept it simple. Remember, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have the luxury of smoking at this time, so I put them in a preheated O***N at 350º for 35 minutes. I then removed all of the chicken parts and finished them off on the grill. Results were as follows:
Straight-up brined chick parts did take on the shrimp and crab boil flavoring, but not in an over powering way. The combined taste of the chicken and this brine makes for a compatible pairing. I will use it again
675c36b3_vbattach15644.jpg

Jeeeezzzz Rich. . . You must have really been hungry !!
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif
It actually looks and sounds great. Pictures sure make it look good.

Skip

Oh great like I don't have enough to try already. But I will be trying this one for sure. Man it ain't easy being new on this site, so many recipes and so little time. LOL

Some right tasty looking vittles you got there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky