Chicken leg quarters

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by majorlee69, Jul 10, 2007.

1. On my first ever smoke the 3-2-1 worked great on ribs. My wife couldn't believe I'd finnally made tender ribs and apoligized for giving me crap about building my smoker. Now she's making requests!!!! So how do I smoke chicken leg quarters? I really only need the grill temps, cooking time, and finnished meat temps. I have the system of keeping heat and smoke pretty well figured out. Of course I will always appreciate any tips or advice I can get. Thanks [​IMG]

2. bigal

bigal Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I say BRINE!!! I love to brine poultry. If no skin, wrap in bacon. Skin on, rub it good under the skin.

Good luck!

Look's like your smoker is 1/2 limp. Throw some ****** in there to straighten up that smoke stack. [​IMG]

3. bigal

bigal Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I got ****** for the "blue pill". Maybe I should hold off on the "saluting" jokes.

4. regor

regor Newbie

5. thanks for the link and don't worry about the stack, I save all the blue pills for myself.

6. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Brine=marinade

I have never brined anything, but need to watch my salt intake, so it may just be me [​IMG]
    At any rate, chicken quarters are my wife's favorite. We do 10 lbs at a time and then vacuum seal the left overs. Spice em up with Memphis Rub, squirt them with an apple cider/apple vinegar mix as they smoke. We do internal temp to 160* then put them in the oven in a pan covered with foil for another hour at 170*. Comes out real good.

7. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member