Chicken leg quarters and slaw with Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kboss714

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Colorado
Injected the leg quarters with a brine of salt, brown sugar, water, pickling spice and a wheat beer. Let them sit for a few hours then seasoned with my chucked rub and onto the smoker for 3.5 hours to reaching an IT of 165 degrees. The smoker was set at a temp of 238 degrees and using alder pellets. We had an event tonight so we foiled up the chicken and reheated it in the oven for dinner 465 degrees for 10 minutes crisping up the skin.
The slaw I made consisted of cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green apple, red onion, kale, sugar and salt. Then for the dressing I use my Alabama white style BBQ sauce which is creamy and tangy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky