chicken in ECB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

codymcgee

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Shepherdsville, Ky
ok so i wan't to do a whole chicken in my electric ECB with runs at a constant 250. my concern is that the skin will turn into rubber at that temp..any suggestions?

can the ecb get to higher temp? like 350 or 325? if it can cook at that temp, when the temp probe reads an internal of 140 bring the ecb down to 250. and smoke on till you hit the target temp for removel.
other will add I am sure, but starting out at low temps with poultry might not be a good idea. should always start with a higher temp and bring it down later.

Just look in the how to's on the left side of the site window....Jeff has a link for smoking chicken and answers this question about the skin.

Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky