Chicken Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lhhand

Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Lock Haven
I have a char broil electric smoker im gonna smoked a whole chicken do i place it on the top rack or the middle rack

hey hand i would probably do the middle rack and just watch the temps everyone now says poultry is fine to pull at 165 deg...im old school and i like to take mine to 175-180 but if you do this u would be fine.....good luck and happy smoking

Thax doc this is my first time smoking a whole chicken i soaked in a brine then put a chicken rub on the chicken i hope it turns out

Anything else in there? Poultry must be placed on the lowest rack for health concerns. Keep yer temps up...better skin will result, and a safer smoke!

Oh and stop by the Roll Call forum and give us an introduction..helps us help you if we know your equipment, experience...etc. Plus, it's just plain polite :{)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky