Chicken Basil Sausage w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffesonm

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Inspired by this thread I thought I'd try my hand at some chicken basil sausage. The recipe came from Charcuterie, except that instead of using skinless thighs and adding pork fat, I just kept the skin and left out the pork. This was my second time using the Gander Mountain 15 lb stuffer and the first time out for the Gander Mountain 3/4 hp #12 grinder.

Getting everything ready...

Grinding up the chicken... the grinder really did a great job, didn't slow down one bit.

Gray Cat looking suspiciously at my operation...

All stuffed...

Lookin' tasty...

Linked up and ready for the vacuum sealer...

I did make some pasta using the sausage the next day but didn't get any pics... too busy eating it! Very delicious and would highly recommend it.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks awesome nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Wow that does look good, and I don't even like chicken sausage! nice job.

Very nice - that is the first sausage we made and we realy liked it!

edit - obviously I didn't click on the link before I posted this - DOH!!!!

I'm really interested in how the final result turned out. I have been looking for pork-less sausage to make for friends that don't eat beef or pork, and this might be it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky