Cheese smoke from the other night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fine looking cheese smoke. 
icon14.gif

When I saw the date on your vac wrap, I realized it was smoked on my birthday.  I guess that means that I should check the post office for my present. 
biggrin.gif

Fine looking cheese smoke. 
icon14.gif

When I saw the date on your vac wrap, I realized it was smoked on my birthday.  I guess that means that I should check the post office for my present. 
biggrin.gif
Can't help with the cheese but a Belated Happy B-Day

Richie

Is the smoked cheese freezable? For how long?
I wondered the same thing a while ago and did a google on it.  (While the cheese will stay safe and edible for cooking, the freezing will change the cheese at a molecular level and make it crumbly).

http://stilltasty.com/questions/index/135/page:1

Mike is correct about the vacuum sealing by the way.  I have kept smoked cheese vac sealed for a year in the fridge with no apparent deterioration nor loss of flavor.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky