Cheese freeze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I never freeze and have kept cheese for 2 years vacuum sealed in the fridge with no loss in texture or taste. It probably would last even longer.

Reactions: jonrw70
Never freeze cheese. It changes the texture.

I have cheese that I smoked and vac packed 4 years ago in the fridge. I have cheese that I smoked 2 years ago and waxed that is still in the fridge.

Agree with all of the above.
Cheese does not need to be or do you want to freeze it, as long as it is vac packed.
Al

I used to think the same thing. I bought big bricks of cheese to save money. I sliced it, vac sealed it and froze it. I wont do the freeze part again.

I agree with the posts above, and I smoke a lot of cheese. Don't freeze it, smoked cheese will keep for months, years in fact in the fridge. It only gets better in the fridge.

I agree with the posts above, and I smoke a lot of cheese. Don't freeze it, smoked cheese will keep for months, years in fact in the fridge. It only gets better in the fridge.

hey i was just wondering if you ever try marinating the cheese , and if so with what ... i mean the reipe if i could . thanks you in advance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky