Checking in from Santa Maria ca

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by vwbuggin, May 27, 2016.

1. vwbuggin

vwbuggin Newbie

Greetings everyone! I'm living in the central coast in Cali and enjoying the family and of course, smoking some good meats. I currently have 2 weber kettles, a smokey joe, and my newest addition is a vintage Big Boy (by Kelly mfg) red smoker. I'll be breaking this guy in with a pork butt using the amazing ribs rub called Memphis dust.

When I am not at home, you can find me drving around in my 69 bug on my way to Vandenberg AFB where I am a civil servant and reservist. While I'm a civilian, I make sure the ISS (international space station) doesn't hit any objects and vise versa. During my one weekend a month, I take care of all the satellites in space and make sure they don't hit each other or debris in space. Really fun jobs in a great work environment,who could ask for anything more.

2. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey .. I saw your post on the weberkettle site.. Welcome to our addiction.. Love smoking on my kettle
    But any small key is a good smoke... We are here to help

3. vwbuggin

vwbuggin Newbie

Thanks! I love smoking ribs on the kettle. I am still trying to find out info on the big boy smoker though. Thanks for the welcome and can't wait to start smoking (meat).

4. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Forget smoking....I want to see pics of the '69 bug.  Wife and I had a '69 westy which we kick ourselves for selling so many years ago.  Now we have a '90 westy.  Fun toy.

Vwbuggin, Welcome.

5. vwbuggin

vwbuggin Newbie

Here are the pics as requested. It's an original Santa Maria car delivered to the dealership on 3 May 1969. All orginal including the interior. The only things that aren't are the wheels, the shifter, and of course, the roof rack

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  6. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ps.. I hate auto correct on the phone.. Correction
    " any smoke is a good smoke". Lol
    ( I was searching the net for your Big Boy smoker and came up with no leads.. You have a rare one !)

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you aboard.

Al

8. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard. Hope you have a great time here.