charbroil electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jsf0656

Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
south georgia
i bought a charbroil electric smoker with the thermostat dial from freds for a pretty good price i couldnt pass up. the thermostat dial worked great. maintained temp very well. well insulated and temp guage was pretty accurate. since the temp guage is at the top of the smoking chamber i was thinking of adding one down closer to the heating element in the bottom. how much difference in temp is it from the top to the bottom of the smoking chamber and is it worth the trouble to add another temp guage?     thanks

i like the thermostat control. easy to adjust temp and the chips smoke good. the temp guage seems to be pretty good but i'm still thinking about adding another guage down lower than the one that came with it just to compare......

temp guage seems pretty accurate and thermostat maintains temp well.

done six smokes already!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky