Changed mind and bought a dedicated grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

invader q

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
After reading a bunch of comments on the attachement for the Kitchen Aid grinder, I decided to get a dedicated grinder instead. Picked up a LEM electric #8. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks Richtee. Got to find a deal on pork butt and decide on a recipe now. Makes me hungry just thinkin about it.
smile.gif

Congrats LEM's are great grinders!!

You done good. Right machine for the job at hand. You'll have alot less headache this way. Won't wreck the KA either. Next, you'll be wanting a dedicated stuffer too.

The stuffer will definitely be on the shopping list soon. Just need to figure out where I'm going to store it to keep the lady happy. She dosen't mind my kitchen gadgets, as long as they are out of sight.
smile.gif

If I ever hit the lottery, I'm building his and hers kitchens.
biggrin.gif
The cabinet in the garage idea is one I'm going to have to consider. too many gizmos, not enough cabinet space in the kitchen.

Thanks!

I'd be in the dog house for a long time if I tried that.
biggrin.gif

You'll be glad you did. I started off thinking of using the KA too. Went to Lowes and the attachment and stuffer tube would have been $60-70. They had a Waring Pro grinder for $90 something. No brainer for me. I've since sold the Waring and got a bigger grinder. The Waring was a fine machine, but you'll be surprised how quick you graduate up from grinding a couple of pounds to 20 plus pounds. Home made sausage does that to you. Enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky