CG mods. were a success!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by scriprp, Aug 15, 2009.

  1. scriprp

    scriprp Fire Starter

    Just an up date to anyone that cares. But, after my first smoke last weekend my CG would not get hotter than 175*, which led to a 6 hour smoke on a 3lbs. chicken. After a bunch of research and lots of advice from many on here, last nights fatty smoke was a complete success. I got temp. up to 250*, did some adjusting on the exhausts and got her to a steady 225* for 4 hours, only adding an extra log of Hickory, which it really didn't need. You guys were right, the thermo. is crap. I added a new one and there was a difference of 100*! The mods. took me quite a few days and some searching for certain products, but it was well worth all the work!
     
  2. Hello Scriprp,
    Hey we all care around here! That's why this is such a great site. We learn from others and pass it on around! For me I'm happy that you have found success in your resent smoke! Keep up the good work! [​IMG]

    Thomas [​IMG]
     
  3. danmcg

    danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Glad things are better Scrip and you had a good smoke, but If you have no Q-view .....it didn't happen....sorry :)
     

Share This Page