Carolina Smokin' Fall Fling & BBQ Festival

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry you didn't have better conditions to work in.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

I guess what matters in the end is whether you and yours like the food you fix.

I'm curious, do the judges give you feedback on what they like and don't like so you can adjust for next year's comp?

Richtee,
Yes, the ground was way to high, and the grass had just been cut.... oh well, the dogs are eating well....

gooose53,
You would have been more than welcome to come by. You could have helped hold down the tent...
icon_eek.gif
It sounded like they are going to have it again next year. Keep your eyes open, and if so, come on by.

Homebrew & BBQ,
Well, you win some, and you loose some. For only being my 3rd comp., my points are coming up, even with all of the problems. I wasn't the only one, all of the stick burners had the same problems with the cooking temps with the wind.... Can't always have a good day. Hopefully next time will be better.

No, we get no feedback from the judges. It would be nice, but if they did, the judging would be getting tougher as everyone would be making everything better..... there has been a lot of talk about it, pros and cons.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky