Canadian Goose Breast on the Smoker Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shelton573

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
SE Iowa
We went out and shot some geese on Saturday and I decided to take a couple breast halves, brine them and smoke them over cherry wood.
The brine was:
1/2 gal water
1/2 cup salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mustard powder
And some green onions.

Once out of the brine (5 hrs) I washed and patted the meat dry. I then applied EVOO and SPOG (equal parts of all 4 on the SPOG). I then smoked them at 225-235 for 4 hrs until they hit 150-155. Pics to follow because my phone won't post too big of a post.

Shelton

Last edited:
Reactions: mrew
Got the shotgun leanin' by the door, in case one flies over!!   That looks fantastic, I love Canada goose breasts. I'm surprised it took 4 hours to get to temp, but who cares- more time for beer & such.

Happy smokin & shootin!

Got the shotgun leanin' by the door, in case one flies over!!   That looks fantastic, I love Canada goose breasts. I'm surprised it took 4 hours to get to temp, but who cares- more time for beer & such.

Happy smokin & shootin!
Haha exactly! I couldn't believe how long it took either but damn it was good! Thanks for lookin!

Shelton

Just made this took mine to about 170F like it a little more cooked inside this is amazing and only second time used the smoker super happy with this, thank you Shelton for the recipe it will be getting made a lot and more then likely used for lunch meat

Last edited:
Oh my does this look good. I love the colour and bet it tastes as good as it looks. My compliments, Shelton.

Disco

Oh my does this look good. I love the colour and bet it tastes as good as it looks. My compliments, Shelton.

Disco

Thank you very much Disco! I liked the way it turned out! The only problem with it was we did not do more of them hah!

Shelton

Thanks whataMESs.  LOL. 

Never seen that show, prob don't even get it here in Scotland. I'll have a look on the web and see if I can find any of them.  Every days a school day on here lol.

Dave

A couple firsts today. 

First time ever ate or smoked goose today.

I used the recipe at the start of this thread and it came out great. Some goose hunters vouched for the tastiness. 

It looks like I may be getting more goose.

Last edited:
Looks good. Started smoking goose breast myself about a year ago. Beats the heck out of always making jerky. Just got done trying it in summer sausage (trail bologna) today. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky