Canadian Bacon No Qview sorry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 11, 2010
SW Pennsylvania
I took about 15# of boneless pork loin and using Bearcarver's method with the TQ and brown sugar, I rubbed the 4 pieces and bagged each, left in the fridge for 13 days, took out and rinsed and dried, taste was very good I smoked it the next day with Apple chips in my cookshack which works well at making smoke at lower temps, at 130 for about 7 hours until I got home from work. I them upped the temp to about 170 and left it come to about 145-147.

One of the 4 pieces I did not use the brown sugar in and it had a more distinct salt taste, so if you want a slightly saltier taste as I was hoping for when I did the dried beef, cut back on the brown sugar or leave it out all together.

the guys at work ate about a pound of it in no time and one of my customers hid what I gave him from the others at the garage.

It came out great A BIG THANKS TO BEARCARVER AND ALL OF YOU FOR SHARING ALL THE NEEDED INFO TO MAKE IT GREAT.

Kudos to Bearcarver! Now where are the pics???
biggrin.gif

That's Great Dave!!

That stuff is great !!!   I love it when a plan comes together!

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky