Can I use a Sentry on my new GOSM?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottlindner

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
Colorado Springs
I am new to smoking. So far I have smoked only three times but each has been awesome. I am considering some long smokes and would like to find an economical means to control the temperature. I have read about some people using the Sentry Propane Burner Temperature Control Valve. Many people note the LP regulator pressure as being an issue with using this controller. How do I know what my LP regulator pressure is? What is the pressure range that will work with this controller? I'm using a cheap GOSM I picked up at Walmart if that helps. The regulator model number is GR100A but I couldn't find any details online.

Cheers,
Scott

I don't know about the valve but I know the GOSM can be bought at a good price and its a great smoker.....It almost has a cult following around here. You got a good one there.

Thanks. I have a friend that's big into smoking and he highly recommended this unit. It's unbelievable it is so popular and the price is $99. You'd think the demand would cause the price to go up.

Now if only I can figure out if that Sentry will work on this unit...

I don't know about the sentry myself, but as a GOSM user, I'd be interested in hearing what you find out. Maybe someone will be along who can give some experienced advice on this.

From what I've read it's all about the regulator pressure. I can't find any credible references what the regulator is set for that comes with the GOSM. Do you happen to know?

Cheers,
Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky