Buying new grill and want opinions on weber grills?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love the weber - only issue I have is black stuff pealing off the inside of lid - I thought it was paint but not sure

I have the three burner natural gas unit works great

i read something in the paperwork about that saying it just resembles paint let me look....

Love the weber - only issue I have is black stuff pealing off the inside of lid - I thought it was paint but not sure

I have the three burner natural gas unit works great

here is a quote from the instruction book.

Inside Lid - While lid is warm, wipe inside with paper towel to prevent grease build-up.
Flaking built-up grease resembles paint flakes.

I love Weber grills. I had an old Weber Geneis that I owned for 15 years and it always worked great.

I gave it to a friend and bought the Weber Summit S-650. It has:

• 6-burner propane grill; 60,000 Btu's; 838 inches total cooking area
  • 693-square-inch cooking area; 145-square-inch warming rack
  • Fully enclosed stainless steel cart; stainless steel cooking grates
  • 12,000 Btu side burner; 8,000 Btu smoker; 10,600 Btu rotisserie

Built like a tank and it has the the side to side burners which is nice.

You can't go wrong with a Weber. Enjoy it.

Ron 

I have an original Weber 3 Gas grill from 1985. Had to replace the burners once and just ordered my 3rd set of flavorizer bars. This time I ordered from a supplier on E-Bay using 16 gauge stainless steel. Remember mine uses 13 bars. Replaced all the wood for all tables. Had to replace the starter once. Still runs great after all these years.

I bought our Weber in 88 and still using it. I had to replace the grills this year and have to make a set of new handles but no other problems with. We grill probably three times a week. So for the money it was well worth it.

I have had a Weber Genesis Silver for about 10 years.  Burned up a set of flavorizer bars and a set of grills in it.  Replaced them last year.  Should replace the burners, it gets a little hotter on one side right now.  Worth every penny. I was stuck with some cheap thing my brother bought that he said was real good. The damn thing wouldn't get hot enough to cook a hot dog. If mine ever dies, and I don't it will, I definitely buy another.

What a great thread, and perfect timing as well. I'm in the market for a new grill and am currently debating charcoal vs. propane / weber vs. "another brand". The posts definitely have me leaning towards a Weber product.

My dad has gone thru so many darn grills over the last 10 years its kinda sad.  That is how I got my Brinkman heavy duty offset!! Thanks dad
biggrin.gif
  He had an electric smoker ( before I ever knew anything about this site and that people love the electrics ) which I thought sounded kinda lame. Had a huge fancy propane job that reminded me of an outdoor kitchen. He had a kettle grill for a bit but I can't remember what he didn't like about it.

Now I think he has found something that will keep him happy!  The Performer from Weber.   He loves the propane charcoal lighter feature and the work table built into the side along with the storage bin for his charcoal.  I don't think I'll be gettin this as a hand down for a long while.

I've got a Weber kettle charcoal grill.  Its going on 12 years now.  The air vent adjusters beneathe the charcoal grate  have rusted off but its nothing I can't get around.   I would expect thier upper tier grills   have similar longevity.

you can buy a kit to replace the air vent adjusters. I have replaced mine twice over the years. I have owned the same Weber since 1983. you can't go wrong with a weber.

I have a weber kettle,and I love it.I had a few cheapy grills in the past and the don't last, and would heat uneven.The weber is so easy to control your temp and it is I think about 5-6 years old and is in excellent shape,nothing wearing out or falling apart.I use it quite a bit also.

P.S I didn't know you could buy replacement vents dforbes,I will keep that in mind if it ever comes to that,thanks

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky