Butts for Sunday's Sandwich Special

Discussion in 'Pork' started by thebigticket55, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Got some butts going today to serve up as special sandwich at my restaurant tomorrow. Used a rub I've been working on, smoked 'em with hickory with a bit of cherry thrown in. had a total of 3 boneless butts, around 24lbs total cut 'em up into 6 pieces so they fit better in the Brinkman. Spritzed with a 3-1 mix of apple juice & water. Gonna reheat tomorrow with some reserved juice & a bit of housemade sauce then top 'em off with a chipotle coleslaw. Here's a few pics

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll get some pics of the finished product and post tomorrow. Thanks to everybody here, I have gained a ton of great info here. BTW this will most likely be the last go for Mr Brinkman for a bit, the GOSM Big Block showed up yesterday and I'll be getting it ready for a test drive soon [​IMG]

2. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

Where in Seattle is your restaurant?  PM me.  I have a friend in Tacoma who just loves BBQ. 

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yea I would go to your restaurant if I were near Seattle. But you have some nice looking butts there. It's almost feel like I'm on the beach looking at all the beauties

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. Dale we are just north of downtown Seattle - The Nickerson Street Saloon

At the moment we are running pulled pork sammies on Sundays and the smoked French dip on Fridays. Working on some other stuff. Thanks for asking!