Butt question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

neens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Orange, CT
I was in a hurry this morning when I went to pick up some pork butts for tomorrow. I didnt notice untill I opened them up to rub them down that they are a little on the small side, about 5lbs each and have almsot no fat cap. I wanted to know if there was anything more I needed to do so they dont dry out. I normaly spray them about every hour after they first 2-3. I also inject about 4oz of my spray into each.

dont woory, small aint a bad thing, you can also put butter on it between spay'n, maybe add a little butter after you pull it.

uhh, buzz......she was just being nice when she told you that.......
eek.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Buzz is right tho.....not to worry....there should be enough fat inside the butt to keep it moist along with your injection and mops.

L8r,
Eric

Dude, it will work out, but ya gotta at least look at the meat when ya buy it!
eek.gif
Maybe send the wife next time!
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky