Butt headed to the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigpuddin43

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Central Kentucky
Here is the butt rubbed down and chickens in the brine.  Butt went on the smoker this morning before work but forgot to take a pic as I was kinda in a hurry to get it on and get to work. 

0c42919c_imagesCAKG7EC2.jpg
38227933_IMAG0144.jpg

OK well got home from work and it was at 180 so a little later than I wanted to but went ahead and added my foiling juice and foiled. here are the pics of when it came out along with the chickens.

here is is getting the foiling juice and foiled

fa33166d_IMAG0151.jpg

and here are the chickens getting stuffed with the extras from the brine and ready for the smoker

f01ed2ff_IMAG0152.jpg

and the butt coming off and getting pulled

878246f7_IMAG0154.jpg
f8b21bd4_IMAG0155.jpg

well I believe I officailly earned the job of cook for the office.  had to reheat on a little charcoal grill but eveyone said it was the best they have ever had.  thanks to everyone for your help on here.  Now gotta get ready to do on friday night for derby party on saturday.  I am thinking about adding an apple juice and bourbon injection but cant decide since this one was so good.

Man that butt looks fantastic. OK spent too much time looking at other people's smoked butts, going to have to try one now. It looks so delicious too. Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky