Building a cold smoker out of SS irrigation filter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Think i'm going to replace it all... and just write it off as a learning experience..

i dont want to take any chances of harming myself or my family..

i'll search the metal yards and see what some 4" steel pipe will run me... it doesn't need to be SS nor does it need to be 5"... since the inlet at the bottom of the "vessel" is only 4 id 4.5" od

i'm going to see what i can find... and what it'll cost me....
If you could find 5" or 6", that would insure good air flow....   Larger pipe reduces friction loss...  I would get "new" pipe as opposed to old....  You never know where the pipe was used...  "DuraVent DuraBlack 6 in. x 24 in. Single-Wall Chimney Stove Pipe"  would be a good "search sentence" to see an example....  Many home improvement stores carry it...     Dave

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky