Buffalo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenmirrors

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
A co-worker just gave me some buffalo ribs and some buffalo skirt steak. Any idea how to cook these items? I know that buffalo is supposed to be pretty lean...

Yep very lean but very good. Never smoked any but I have made burgers and chili with it. It is awesome in chili. You will find nothing more tender.
I would think with smoking it for a long period of time you will need to be concerned about drying it out as it is so lean. Marinading it first in some marinade and spritzing quite a bit during the smoke may be something you would want to try.

From Buffalo Hills Bison
The one time I had it it was cooked in a slow cooker and it was great! I imagine of you keep a moist environment in your smoker and don't do too much to add flavor then cook it to temp you'll be just fine!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky