Buffalo NY Strip Roasts Smoked Recipes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firetrucks

Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
South Dakota
This weekend I am smoking (2) 15# whole NY Strip Steak Buffalo Roasts.  Any suggestions or recipes / guidance would be appreciated!  ** Charcoal / Wood Smoker - Home Built 17 cuft Upright Steel Freezer Conversion - Side Smoke Box" Thanks in Advance!

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

I would coat them with Worcestershire, or EVOO.

Then just something simple like salt, pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder.

Or just a coating of Montreal steak seasoning.

icon_cool.gif

I like Al's suggestion wiht the salt, pepper, and garlic and then use some fruit woods. Then you should slam some in a big box and mail it to me to try it.

Address

Mark Ballinger

302 My lane

Home.FL 32218

Hi thanks for the reply, I'll be using apple and plum wood, and if there is anything left I'll be sure to box some up!

hi

How did smoking this go?  I have a 13# strip steak roast I want to do.  About how long did you do it?  15 min/pound?  Did you dry rub it over night?  Ever use hickory instead of fruitwood?  Any advice would be really appreciated, I"m new to smoking, just a year.  Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky