Brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to SMF

It looks good ya got a story to go with it like what kind of wood? what kind of smoker? details man details
biggrin.gif

Looks like some sun-baked road kill on an old storm drain...

Like Piney said, give us the story with all the details...

BTW, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check in to the Roll Call section....

Welcome to the SMF, give us a Little introduction about yourself and your hardware. I moved your thread to roll call, so that everyone has the chance to welcome you. How about the story behind the brisket? it's all good my friend.

Sorry, meant to finish typing the backstory to accompany my QView. It's my first attempt at smoking a Brisket. I picked up a barrel smoker made by All Attachments (anyone heard of them before?) off of Craigslist for $20. It's made of iron with iron grates. I'll post pics later. Paid $20 for the smoker, no rust just some spiders. I on a restaurant in Baltimore and wanted to add some smoked meats and charcuterie to my menu.

It's a 25lb brisket smoked with Hickory and Mesquite for about 12 hours @ 200. The iron did an amazing job of keeping the temp steady! I rubbed her down with mustard followed by a spice blend of cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a touch of Old Bay and finely ground dark roast coffee. After resting in my walk in overnight I put her on @ 0500. Pulled her just shy of 1700 and wrapped her in foil, some kitchen towels and let her rest in our proofer box for another hour and a half.

Running her with some classic potato salad and a Cajun Cole Slaw with some Peach BBQ on the side for a little sweetness (Peaches are in season in MD so I picked up a case).

Very satisfied with the results, tender, juicy with a substantial smoke flavor but not overwhelming.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky